Thursday, March 14, 2019

~ Paper Smooches...Hey Chickie ~

I have been a huge fan of Kim Hughes and her adorable stamp line called Paper Smooches from the very beginning.  My favorite images she has created are by far her Chubby Chum series of characters.  I have been anxiously waiting to use them and I felt these chickies were the perfect addition to my new spring class being held at Kim's adorable paint and wine studio, Our Creative Escape, on March 30th.  You can find all the details and sign up online HERE.



I created the egg by using Whimsy Stamp's largest oval die from their Basic Stitched Oval Die Set and Paper Smooches zigzag die from their Borders 3 Die Set.  What a perfect combination to create a cracked Easter egg.  I embossed the egg with the Wire Fence Embossing Folder that Whimsy carries to give the egg texture and make it look like a Faberge Egg.  To make the die cut zigzag strips look like egg yolk where the egg is cracked, I colored them with Y35 and Y38.  


What's Easter without Peeps?!  I added ultra-fine iridescent glitter to the chickies to make them look like sugary Easter Peeps. Yum!



This is what the chickies look like before the glitter.



Hand Stitched Nested RectanglesBasic Stitched Ovals Die SetNo-See All Seasons Tree Die Set


Wire Fence Embossing Folder

~ Copics ~
Pink Chickie:  R81 R83 R85
Purple Chickie:  V20 V22 V25
Yellow Chickie:  Y06 Y08 Y35 Y38
Eyes:  C00 C0 C1 C3
Beaks: Y35 Y38
Blender Solution/Texture Rag

~ Misc. ~
Ultra-Fine Iridescent Glitter
White Pearls

Happy Stamping!

~ Nicolette ~









2 comments:

  1. What font is that? I LOVE it! (In addition to loving your cute card).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! "Hey Chickie" is a stamp that comes in the Chubby Chum stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...