Friday, March 20, 2020

~ I Believe In You - La-La Land Crafts ~

Hello my friends!

Welcome to my Inspiration Friday project where GREEN and GOLD is the theme for this week's challenge.  Now I know St. Patrick's Day has past by by a few days, so I tweaked my project to be more versatile just by changing the sentiment.  Not only can you use this card for St. Patty's Day but it could be used to wish someone luck, congratulations, being Irish (*wink, *wink), etc.  The possibilities are endless!



My vision was to create a window card that you could actually see a portion of the inside of the card and when you opened it up...Wa-Lah!  A magical Pandachaun finding a hidden pot of gold is hiding inside.  I do believe in Pandachauns...don't you?  LOL


When I look at the scene I have created, the words to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" pop into my head.

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow"

When all the world is a hopeless jumble
And the raindrops tumble all around
Heaven opens a magic lane

When all the clouds darken up the skyway
There's a rainbow highway to be found
Leading from your windowpane

To a place behind the sun
Just a step beyond the rain

Somewhere, over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby

Somewhere, over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Some day I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are
Far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere, over the rainbow
Blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh, why can't I?

If happy little birds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh, why can't I?

 The song is about hope, that the bad times we are experiencing right now will one day be over.  It is this feeling of hope within the song that we can all relate and need to hang on to.


I created the clovers by using mini heart diecuts from the Hearts Flurry Die and adhering them to diecuts cut from the Flower Bunch Die.  There are a total of 96 diecut and colored mini hearts that make up a total of 15 clovers.  As you can see, when you open up the card, the clovers in the window box are actually double sided.





There was a lot of love and time spent coloring up and creating these clovers but when I look at them sitting there in the window box, well, they just make me happy.  I remember spending countless hours rummaging through clover patches as a child looking for that one lucky 4-leaf clover.  Oh, the thrill I felt when I actually found one!




I created the pot of gold by using the witches brew pot diecut from the Halloween House Add-On Die Set and adhering gold sequins together in a tiered fashion using a strong quick drying tacky glue for the gold coins.  The sequins are actually very shiny and sparkly but I had a hard time getting a good photo showing this very lucky Pandachauns's shiny treasure.


Flower Bunch Die

~ Copics ~
Panda Cheeks - R000 R00 R01
Panda Mouth - R30 R20 R22
Greens - YG0000 YG01 YG21 YG03 YG25
Yellows - Y11 Y02 Y06 Y08 Y15 Y19
Oranges - Y35 Y38 YR04 YR09
Reds - R20 R22 R35 R59
Blues - B32 B24 B28 B39
Violets - V12 V15 V17
0 Blender
Cast Shadow - BV20
Blending Solution/Texture Rag

~ Misc. ~
Broken China Distress Ink Pad
Dandelion Memento Ink Pad
Silver Rhinestones
Lime Rhinestones
Gold Sequins

**I participate in La-La Land Craft's affiliate program.  That means I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog. (At NO additional cost to you).  This allows me to be able to make more projects to share and hopefully inspire you!  From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support!!!

Happy Stamping!

~ Nicolette ~

4 comments:

  1. You are so creative! This is magical! You are right! We all need hope during these difficult times. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww...you are so sweet Janice, thank you so much for leaving me such lovely compliments!!! BIG ((hugs))

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Such attention to detail! Love everything about this beautiful, magical, whimsical card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love it and the message.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...