Friday, March 6, 2020

~ La-La Land Crafts - Make a Wish ~

 Happy Friday everyone and welcome!

Today's Inspiration Friday challenge over at La-La Land Crafts is SPRING.  Spring is my favorite time of year.  It is a time of renewal; a chance to bloom and grow.



For my project today, I chose to use Simple Moments Marci.  Not only is she downright adorable but her name says it all.  It is the simple moments in life that are truly important.  We need to cherish and tuck those moments away in our hearts to remember forever!



I created the pattern on Marci's sundress by first inking up the daisy background stamp from the Oopsie Daisy Background Stamp Set using my stamp press and a Memento Dandelion Ink Pad.  How poetic is that?! LOL  To give the daisies a deeper richer color, I used the tip of my Memento Cantaloupe Ink Pad to dab color onto the stamp in random places and stamped over the flowers.  Using the stamp press makes it so much easier to get perfect ink placement.

 I added white gel pen to highlight the centers and petals of the flowers.  I also added some random white dots to make the fabric of her dress even cuter.  I cut out her dress and paper pieced it onto my image after color her skin and hat.  Having decided to paper piece her dress meant I also had to color and fussy cut her hair and paper piece it onto my image.  If you did not want to paper piece, you could choose to mask off the parts of the image you did not want to get the daisies on, however, I like the dimension that paper piecing adds to my projects even though it is a little extra work.



You know the saying, Spring Showers Bring May Flowers plus a whole lot of mushrooms and weeds...I mean Dandelions...lol  I turned the twig from the Stump With Twig Die Set into blooming Dandelions.  I added multi-fine iridescent glitter to create the Dandelion puffs.  Didn't you just love blowing the puffs into the wind and making wishes when you were a child?  I know I surely did!  Such beautiful and whimsical childhood memories.



"SPRING:  a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can truly be."


Simple Moments Marci Rubber Stamp

Garden Gate Die

~ Copics ~
Eyes - B91 B93 B95
Hair - E42 E57 E55 E99 E13 E53
Skin - E0000 E000 E00 E50 E51 E11/E93 R20 R30/E04
Hat - Y13 Y15 Y18 Y19 YR23 YR24 YR27
Dress - Y00 Y11 Y13 Y15 Y18 Y19 YR23 YR24 
Dandelions - Y11 Y13 Y15 Y19 Y17
Greens - FYG1 YG21 YG03 YG17 YG23 YG25 YG67
Mushrooms - R32 R24 R27 R29/T2 T3 T5 T7
Tree Trunk - E35 E37 E39 E49
Cast Shadow - BV20
Blending Solution/Burlap and Terry Cloth

~ Misc. ~
Silver Rhinestones
White Gelly Roll Pen #10
Multi Ultra Fine Iridescent Crystal Glitter
Dandelion Memento Ink Pad
Cantaloupe Dew Drop Ink Pad
Broken China Distress Ink Pad

**I participate in La-La Land Craft's affiliate program.  That means I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog. (At NO additional cost to you).  This allows me to be able to make more projects to share and hopefully inspire you!  From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support!!!

Happy Stamping!

~ Nicolette ~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...