Friday, May 8, 2020

~ Faux Shaker Cutie Pie Slimline Card - La-La Land Crafts ~

Happy Friday!

Today I am sharing with you for my Inspiration Friday project a little something I have decided to call a faux shaker.  I really really wanted to turn these gorgeous "Filigree Moon" and "Filigree Stars" into real shakers, but due to their delicate lines, I was not able to accomplish it.  So, not to be out done by my idea, I turned them into faux shakers!  Each little filigree opening is full of sparkly goodness!



Instead of having a cow jumping over the moon for this darling baby card, how about an adorable duckling from the "You Lucky Duck Clear Stamp Set" sitting on the moon amongst the stars.  I added a few hanging stars from the "Moon And Stars Banner" to the "Filigree Moon."

To create the shaker, first diecut the filigree moon and stars.  I adhered a double layer of
dimensional foam tape to the back of the moon and a single layer under the stars.  You will have to trim the dimensional foam tape very tiny.  Evenly place foam tape onto the larger areas that allow enough room for the adhesive and to make the diecuts sturdy.  I used tweezers to attach to the foam tape to the diecuts.  After adhering the diecuts to the card, I used tacky glue and tweezers to adhere the sequins under each filigree opening, being careful not to get the tacky glue onto my beautiful designer paper.  This is fun and easy to do.   I am totally in love with how my idea turned out!

I love to use my dies in ways they weren't intended for.  The "Floral Pocket Die" is so delicate and beautiful that I thought it would make a complementary addition to the filigree moon and stars.  Because I didn't need a pocket for the front, I just trimmed it to the size I needed and a new floral flourish border was created.



Here is a close-up photo of how sparkly the sequins look through the filigree openings.



I decided to decorate the inside of this card using the "Three Pockets Die Set"so that it would allow a gift card to be tucked inside.



I seriously cannot get enough of this darling "Baby Shoe Die"! 
I stamped the insole using the background stamp from the "Your Kindness Background Stamp Set" and Memento's Toffee Crunch Ink Pad.  I added little stars to the sides of the shoe using the star diecut that comes out of the Rock Star Die.



The little tab diecut from the "Three Pockets Die Set" just adds the sweetest l'il touch!
To make the tab look like fabric, I stamped it using the same background stamp and ink pad as the baby shoe insole.
The sentiment is from the "Bundle Of Joy Clear Stamp Set" and it fits perfectly on the front of the pocket.



~ La-La Land Crafts ~

You Lucky Duck Clear Stamp Set
You Lucky Duck Clear Stamp Set

Snowy Hills Layering Stencil

Hello Baby Paper Pack

Filigree Moon Die

Floral Pocket Die
Floral Pocket Die

Rock Star Die
Rock Star Die*

Guitar Die
Guitar Die*

~ Copics ~
Duck - C00 C0 C2 C4/0 Blender
Eyes - B91 B93
Cheeks - R0000 R000 R00 R01 R02
Beak & Feet - Y11 Y32 Y35 YR16 YR14

~ Misc. ~
Sequins
White Pearls
White Gelly Roll Pen #10
Memento Toffee Crunch Ink Pad
Iridescent Multi Ultra-Fine Glitter

**I participate in La-La Land Craft's affiliate program.  That means I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog. (At NO additional cost to you).  This allows me to be able to make more projects to share and hopefully inspire you!  From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support!!!

Happy Stamping!

~ Nicolette ~




2 comments:

  1. Just love the little ducky sitting on the moon and those filigree diecuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! I have totally fallen in love with the Filigree Moon and Stars...they are so beautiful!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...