Friday, May 29, 2020

~ my Hero - La-La Land Crafts ~

Hello!

It's Friday and time for another Inspiration Friday challenge post.  This week's theme over at La-La Land Crafts is ANYTHING GOES.  Since Monday was Memorial Day here in the United States, I decided to make a card honoring all of those who have lost their lives serving in the military protecting us and our freedom and their families who have suffered the ultimate sacrifice.  They are true Heroes!



To make the stripes on the flag, I used the new Awareness Ribbon Die and trimmed off the loop on each stripe.  I added rhinestones to the white stripes to give them some highlights.  I tried adding red rhinestones to the red stripes but thought it looked too cluttered. 



I used the pilot kitty from the Traveling Cats Clear Stamp Set for my Air Force Pilot Kitty.  As a child, my dad was a Captain in the Air Force, so the flight suit I designed is to honor his service.  When I went to visit my dad on the base, he was usually in this style of uniform, of course, his was green instead of blue.  I took creative license and changed the color for my card today.  I drew in the flight suit details using my Copic Multiliner 0.3 Pen.  The original kitty image was holding a little airplane but I cut if off so my kitty could wave a flag saying "my Hero."



I used the Double Stitched Stars Die Set to create the star shaker.  I used tulle instead of acetate for the shaker window.  I really love how the tulle looks over acetate on this card.  I filled it with yummy red, white and blue sequins and added rhinestones around the star for extra sparkle and to continue the design element from the rhinestones on the stripes.



This card would be great to send to someone who has served or is serving in the military thanking them for their service.  You could, of course, color the uniform to fit any of the military branches...Army, Navy, Air Force...Marines!

~ La-La Land Crafts ~

Scalloped Rectangles Die

Double Stitched Stars Die

Awareness Ribbon Die

~ Copics ~

Cat Fur - W00 W0 W1 W3 W5/R000 R00 R01 R02
Uniform - B21 B23 B24 B26 B18
Scarf - R32 R24 R27 R29 R89
Boots/Glasses - C0 C1 C3 C5 C7
Multiliner 0.3

~ Misc. ~
Red, White & Blue Sequins
White Gelly Roll Pen #10
Silver Rhinestones
White Tulle

**I participate in La-La Land Craft's affiliate program.  That means I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog. (At NO additional cost to you).  This allows me to be able to make more projects to share and hopefully inspire you!  From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support!!!

Happy Stamping!

~ Nicolette ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...