Wednesday, October 10, 2018

~ A Special Scenic Birthday Wish ~


This DoveArt's Canoe Stamp from Whimsy Stamps makes the perfect masculine card or the perfect card for the nature lover.  There are so many design possibilities with this stamp.  I chose to put it in my series of card designs using the monochromatic with a pop of color technique.  In this series of card designs I am also using the Basic Stitched Ovals Die Set on every card.  I love finding different ways to use the same set of dies on each card design to give them their own special look.  On this card the image is cut out twice with two different sized ovals and popped up using dimensional foam tape at different heights with the smaller oval being higher than the bigger oval.  It really gives the canoe that 3-D dimension I was going for.  I not only used the larger oval die to cut half an oval out of the black cardstock but I also embossed this piece with the Wire Fence Embossing Folder by Darice.  This element in my design gives the card balance and the embossing along with the red twine and black rhinestones gives the card texture.


 You can see my first card design in this series HERE.  



~ Copics ~

C1 C3 C5 C7 C10
R24 R27 R29 R59
0- Blender

Stay tuned for the next cards in this series!

Happy Stamping!

~ Nicolette ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...