Friday, February 7, 2020

~ La-La Land Crafts - with Love ~



Hello and welcome!  I am glad you are here.  Today's challenge theme at La-La Land Craft's is "LOVE".  For my project today, I am using this adorable fairy from the Sew Amazing Clear Stamp Set.  



I chose sewing for my "love" theme today for two reasons.  One, my mother loves to sew and taught me how at a very young age.  Some of my favorite childhood memories are from watching my mom while she was sewing.  She was always "sew" happy when she was creating a new garment for me to wear or making Barbie Doll clothes.  She never made anything for herself, always for someone she loved.  I definitely get my crafty gene from her.  Thank you momma!  And two, I chose this particular fairy sitting on the thimble in honor of my husband.  He traveled all over the world for his job and he would always bring me back a thimble from wherever he was just to let me know he had been thinking of me when he was far from home.  I have thimbles from every state except Hawaii.  He had that tripped schedule before he had to retire but it had gotten cancelled at the last moment.  He was heart broken he never made it there so he could add the last "state" thimble to my collection.  Also, one of our favorite past times was to go antiquing to find thimbles, especially advertising thimbles.  It was always fun to reminiscence about our childhoods when we saw toys or items our grandparents had while trying to find a treasure.  Happy memories for sure!



I stamped the fairy on a piece of designer paper from the Endless Summer Paper Pack using Versafine Onyx Ink.  After coloring the image with Copics and adding glitter to her wings, I cut out her dress and paper pieced it using a glue pen.



I just love all that iridescent sparkle coming from inside the shaker from the sequins.



The dress form, scissors and pin cushion dies are so stinkin' cute.  The dress on top of the dress form was also die cut from one of the beautiful designer papers from the Endless Summer Paper Pack.  To give the scissors a more realistic look, I used pink and gray cardstocks to die cut and layer together. For the screw, I added a drop of Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops.  I also added different colors of Nuvo Crystal Drops to the heads of the pins sticking out of the pin cushion to also give them a more realistic look.  The precious itty bitty hearts on the dress form dress, pin cushion, banner and on the fairy's dress come from the remaining die cut hearts that pop out of the Lacy Heart Die.



~ Copics ~
Skin - E50 E51 E11 E93
Hair - E30 E31 E33 E35 E37
Wings/Shoes - BG10 BG11 BG13
Thimble - C0 C1 C3 C5 C7

~ Misc. ~
Acetate
Sequins
Multi Ultra-fine Iridescent Glitter
Nuvo Duck Egg Blue, Apple Green, Rhubarb Crumble & Ebony Black Crystal Drops

**I participate in La-La Land Craft's affiliate program.  That means I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog. (At NO additional cost to you).  This allows me to be able to make more projects to share and hopefully inspire you!  From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support!!!

Happy Stamping!

~ Nicolette ~


4 comments:

  1. Nice card and very nice memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janice and thank you for taking the time to read the story behind my card...it means the world to me!!! xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card and even more precious are the memories that inspired it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww...thank you so very much Karen...your kind words mean the world to me!!! xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...