Friday, May 24, 2019

~ Whimsy Stamps - Always Remember ~


Hello Whimsy Fans!

Today I am sharing with you a tutorial on how I made this flag shaker card honoring our military.  It is so important to remember where our freedom comes from and the sacrifices not only they but their families have given for us to be free.  I, myself, have experienced and seen the sacrifices having had a father serving in the Air Force and being a child during the Vietnam War.  We also need to remember that many sacrifices are suffered years after serving not only in their health but in their memories.  May we never take for granted the freedom we have at the sacrifice of others!



~ Step by Step Tutorial ~



Step 1.  Cut white cardstock at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score at 4 1/4" to create a card base.

Step 2.  Die cut a piece of white linen cardstock using the largest Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles Die.  Adhere to card base.

Step 3.  Cut a piece of blue cardstock at 5" x 3 3/4".

Step 4.  Cut a piece of white cardstock at 4 3/4" x 3 5/8".

Step 5.  Cut (4) pieces of red cardstock strips and (3) pieces of white linen cardstock  strips at 5 1/8" x 1/2".

Step 6.  Using the straight stitched border die from the Stitched Border Die Trio Set, add stitching to the red and white strips of cardstock.  This die doesn't cut, it only adds stitching.



Step 7.  Adhere strips to white cardstock in Step 4.  Trim edges of strips to fit white cardstock.  Adhere to blue cardstock from Step 3.  Adhere to card using foam tape.



Step 8.  Die cut (2) large dog tags from the Military Die Set out of blue cardstock.

Step 9.  Die cut a medium sized dog tag out of (1) large dog tag.  This will create the shaker opening.



Step 10.  Turn dog tag over and adhere a 1 1/4" x 2" piece of acetate.



Step 11.  Adhere foam tape on top of acetate.



Step 12.  Add shaker bits.  I added tiny stars.



Step 13.  Adhere remaining large dog tag die cut to create shaker.



Step 14.  Add a star die cut from white linen cardstock using the star die from the Military Die Set.  Add chain, if desired.  Adhere to card using foam tape...this will allow room for the chain.



Step 15.  Die cut the military service personnel from the Military Die Set out of black cardstock.  Adhere to card using foam tape.

Step 16.  Stamp sentiment.  I used "Always Remember" from the Military Heroes Clear Stamp Set.  Trim 1/8" away from sentiment.  Adhere to blue piece of cardstock.  Adhere to card using foam tape.

~ Whimsy Stamps ~

Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles

Stitched Border Die Trio

*NEW Military Heroes Clear Stamps

**I participate in Whimsy Stamp's affiliate program.  That means I receive a commission when products are purchased through links here on my blog. (At NO additional cost to you).  This allows me to be able to make more projects to share and hopefully inspire you!  From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate your support!!!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! It gave me chills when I saw it! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so very much for such amazing compliments!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog posts! Your kindness and support means the world to me!!! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...